Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wanderlust Wednesday

 The middle of the week always has me daydreaming and this week is no exception. I am craving a vacation and while one is definitely on the books much too far from now right around the corner, I can't help but get lost in memories of studying abroad. I love to travel and am always eager to plan the next trip.


London
I spent the fall of my final year of law school living, studying and interning in London. This was the opportunity of a lifetime and after spending a summer living in Niederkorn, Luxembourg with a host family during my undergraduate studies, I craved a second chance at what I consider one of the best decisions of my life. Fortunately for me my law school offered an even exchange to London and I jumped at the chance to attend (and even more fortunately, I was able to drag convince my best friend to go with me) What I love about living and traveling abroad is the constant opportunity to see amazing, historic sights and to meet such a variety of people, but also the chance to constantly reflect on your own culture.

 After living there for 4 months I can certainly confirm that when you are tired of London you are in fact tired of life. (Samuel Johnson). London has everything to offer and I long for the days of a light class schedule, meandering through the city, sipping cider at the pubs and jet setting to any European city on a whim for the weekend. 


Cliffs of Moher (Ireland)
I think it goes without saying that this is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. My family came to visit during my semester in London and we set off to Ireland for a long weekend. This picture can in fact be hash tagged "no filter." It takes some effort to get there and if you ask any cab driver in Dublin, they will tell you it is not worth the trip (unless they have a fantastic price to take you there personally) but I wholeheartedly disagree. Go, immediately.

Did you study abroad? What was your experience?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment