Thursday, March 5, 2015

Birkenstocks, Yay or Nay?

In high school there were two acceptable shoe choices: Dr. Martens or Birkenstock clogs. These days that would horrify me, back in 2002, I had Dr. Martens in brown and black and they looked wonderful horrendous with my private school uniform. I think these days the girls wear Tory Burch flats but those did not exist in my day. Birkenstock sandals are something I had a pair of in purple (remember that purple problem?) circa 1993. 

I realize that Birkenstocks are making a comeback and some would say they never left but I'll be honest, when they started gracing the JCrew catalogue a few season ago, they landed on my distant radar. I have seen them paired with chic maxi dresses for a casual look and the obvious jeans and shorts combinations. I probably wont be fashion-forward enough to pair them with short dresses or skirts but you never know!



Have I mentioned how much I love anything gold metallic??


This Gizeh style is also on my radar.
I mean if Heidi Klum (and a ton of other celebs) are sporting them….why not??


What do you think of this trend? Are they "fashionable" enough for your taste?
Those gold Arizona sandals are a summer must for me!

4 comments:

  1. I like the ones that have the toe separator...but honestly I dont think I'd ever wear it lol! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the colors make them slightly more chic than the suede (if chic is possible??) I totally get the hesitation! I will post some pics of them styled this spring!

      Delete
  2. I just can't do it! It brings me back to my Northern upbringing and I used to wear them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh I know, I grew up in Northern California where they are frequently worn with socks and so are Tevas!

      Delete