Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Musings

TGIF! But seriously I am so excited about this weekend....Sunny and 77? I will take it. My least favorite thing about the office job is wasting all the daylight hours trapped inside. I am  eager for daylight savings time so that it will be light outside when I get home from work! Hopefully we can take full advantage of the gorgeous weather this weekend and get some pool time in. Here are some  random musings for your Friday…


Lunchtime shopping trips.

I had a pretty light court calendar on Thursday so I decided to swing by the mall during lunch in pursuit of some spring business wardrobe supplements. Namely I went to Loft in search of this dress. I think it is perfect for court free days in the office but it also lends itself to throwing on a black blazer and heading to a hearing. As anticipated I love it and need it in my life. It is not a clingy jersey stretch, hangs nicely, and is machine washable!  Loft is great for work pieces but they always have sales and everything is usually at least 40% off within a day or two so I refuse to pay full price.


These scallop shorts are also on my must have list. The white ones are cute and I took the picture to show you the detail and length (I am about 5'7") but the black ones are what I am after (they didn't have any in the store)  they seem to come in a thicker fabric so they should not be see through. Please ignore my hiked up mess of a dress. Scallop details are popping up all over the place this spring and I love it (some of my favorites: dress, bag, swimsuit, tee)



Jamberry Nails.




Has anyone tried these nail wraps? I have used the Sally Hansen Salon Effects but I had never heard of Jamberry Nails. Ross' mom was in town and recently hosted a Jamberry party at her house and sweetly brought me these two wraps to try. Ross hates the smell of nail polish and you are always banned to the porch if you insist on painting anything when he is around. The heating and stretching required to apply these sounds a bit ambitious but luckily for me Ross has seen them in action and may be a good helper ;) I will let you know how the application goes and if they stay in place. They are supposed to last 7-10 days so I may have to wait to try them when we go on vacation as neon pink floral nails clearly are not courtroom appropriate but sound really fun for the Caribbean?!


 Batiste.



Ok this is seriously an absolute MUST for me. I used to be a shampoo twice a day kind of girl (crazy right?) but then I studied abroad and lived in a "flat" with 11 other girls and only two showers and necessity trumped all, so I trained my hair to be less of an oily mess to minimize shower time. The added bonus was that my fried, dry hair became super healthy because I was not drying it, straightening and otherwise destroying it as often.

 I used to use the Redken dry shampoo and it is a great product but its pretty pricey. Batiste wasn't available in the US until somewhat recently and it is so so wonderful. I used to dry shampoo and need to employ some sort of updo but now I am sitting here with day three hair, wearing it down and looking better than ever. I even put it on clean hair sometimes just to make it more manageable. I find the best way is to spray it on and let it sit while I shower and put on my makeup and then I brush it through. Run to the store and buy this immediately. Ulta has it on BOGO from time to time and TJ Maxx has it for around $5.99 pretty regularly but the price is very buyer friendly even without any discount at around $8.00. I use the classic/fresh scent but it comes in a variety of options. I ran out last week and had to go a few days without and I did not feel like myself. Yes, these bottles are all mine because I can not risk running out again! Anyone else with me on this??


 Tieks Marketing Calendar


I ordered Tieks right before Christmas and they were supposed to come with a 2015 calendar or maybe they sent one to every customer? I am not exactly sure but they sent an apology on the tardiness and then this adorable little easel calendar arrived in the mail yesterday. How cute???

2 comments:

  1. I sped a lot of time at lunch shopping too and I love that dress! Hope you enjoy the weather this weekend! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lunch seems to be the only time I can fit in a quick mall trip some weeks! It also keeps me focused on why I actually went and I don't come home with 10 random things !

    ReplyDelete